Registration of Marriage
Please contact the Embassy for any appointment on the following Telephone numbers or you may call over personally between to 8.00 am to 1.00 pm on any working day and obtain an appointment from the receptionist of the Embassy.
Telephone Numbers : 4467 7627 or 4467 7647
One of the parties to the marriage should be a Sri Lanka National and those who wish to marry at the Embassy and they have to give notice of marriage to the Embassy.
1. Unmarried certificateAn affidavit given by parents in Sri Lanka or abroad signed by a lawyer, should be attested by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Colombo.
Unmarried certificate of non-Sri Lankans should be certified by the respective Diplomatic Mission in Doha, Qatar or accredited to that country.
If divorced, they have to mention it in their affidavit that they have already divorced and not married after divorced. Certified divorced certificate should be attested.
2. Original birth certificates with English translations
3. Valid passports with valid visas
4. Two witnesses
5. No original letter from the Company
6. After 14 days of giving notice of marriage to the Embassy, the Registration date will be informed Fees:
For Marriage Notice QR 20/-,
For Marriage Regulations QR 60/-
Application form and other related documents can be downloaded (Insert forms – 1. Notice of Marriage; 2. Form Registration B-104)