Authentication/ Attestation of Documents
1. Application Instructions
- Legalization, Certification & Attestation of the documents issued by the Sri Lankan Government
- Should be attested by the Consular Affairs Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka through Electronic Documents Attestation System (EDAS).
- Need to produce the electronic customer copy including the attestation reference issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Sri Lanka to the Embassy for Embassy Attestation.
- Legalization, Certification & Attestation of the documents issued by a Foreign Country
- Any document issued by a Foreign Authority or Agency will accept for attestation ONLY IF such document is attested by the Foreign Ministry of the document issued country and the document has to be attested by the Sri Lankan Embassy / Consulate from the same country in which the document is originated from.
- Attestation of documents/ certificates issued by the State of Qatar.
- Any document issued by the Government of Qatar should be certified by the Consular Section of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Qatar before submitting to this Embassy for attestation or legalization.
- (Please be noted as per the circular instructions by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the stamp on the attested document is valid only for one year from the Date of Issue)
- Document Attestation Service from Consular Affairs Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka
The embassy will provide an Electronic Document Attestation Service (EDAS) from Consular Affairs Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka for any document issued by the Sri Lankan Institutions.
Should be submitted the original documents with certified true copies from relevant institutions for authentication.(Photocopies/scanned or tampered documents will not be accepted)
- Educational Certificates per each – QAR 45/-
- Other documents- QAR 250/-
- Issuance of “Certified True Copy” on a document – QAR 45/-
- Attestation Fee per each document- QAR 135/-
NOTE: For information regarding the Electronic Document Attestation System (EDAS), please contact the Consular Officer in the Embassy by the General number or via email firstname.lastname@example.org