Registration of Marriage
Please contact the Embassy for an appointment on the following Telephone numbers or you may call over personally between 8.00 am to 1.00 pm on any working day and obtain an appointment from the receptionist of the Embassy.
Telephone Numbers : 44998660
1. Application Instructions
The Embassy shall perform marriage registrations under the General Marriage Ordinance (Chapter 112) on submission of the ‘Notice of Marriage’ to a Diplomatic Officer in the Embassy by the parties to the marriage – Sri Lankan/Sri Lankan or Sri Lankan/Foreign national).
Both parties to the marriage can give the ‘Notice of Marriage’ and the registration can take place after the laps of two weeks (14 days) from the date of submission of the complete documents, but within three (03) months. If the marriage is not registered within 3 months, the Notice automatically lapses.
At least one of the parties to the marriage should be a citizen of Sri Lanka.
Marriage registration is performed on a date decided by the concerned parties. After the marriage registration, the marriage certificate which is issued by the Embassy, shall be handed over to the female party by the Diplomatic Officer.
Please note that applicants should physically be present at the Embassy along with required documents to give the Notice of Marriage, which will be published at the Embassy premises during the prescribed period (14 days).
2. Required documents
• Duly completed Notice of Marriage Notic(Download Here)
• Both parties should produce their travel documents with photocopies of detail pages, photo pages, visa pages to prove their identity and legitimacy to live in State of Qatar.
• Both parties should produce ‘Unmarried Certificates’ if Divorce Certificate, which should be duly countersigned by relevant authorities/Embassies – Documents of non-Sri Lankan party should be countersigned by the relevant Embassy in Qatar
• Both parties should submit their original birth certificates with copies – Documents of non-Sri Lankan party should be countersigned by the relevant Embassy in Qatar.
• Parents’ passport copies or ID copies
• Passport size photographs of both parties.
• Two witnesses to the marriage with photocopies of detail pages, photo pages and visa pages of the passport. If only one party to the marriage is a Sri Lankan, at least one witness should be a Sri Lankan citizen.
Marriage with a foreign national:
As per the Circular No. 18/2021 of the Registrar General of Sri Lanka, for marriage with a foreign national to submit the following additional documents with effect from 1 January 2022.
1. Security Clearance report of foreign partner with proper attentions
2. Self-Health Decoration Health Declaration Form (Download Here)
- For Marriage Notice QR 110/-
- For Marriage Regulations QR175/-