Registration of Birth and Citizenship
When submitting your application to register the birth of your baby born in Qatar at the Embassy, you are kindly requested to obtain prior appointment to submit the application.
Please contact the Embassy for any appointment on the following Telephone numbers or you may call over personally between to 8.00 am to 1.00 pm on any working day and obtain an appointment from the receptionist of the Embassy.
Telephone Numbers : 44998660
1. Eligibility for Registration
- Birth Place should be in State of Qatar
- At least one parent must be a citizen of Sri Lanka or should have dual citizenship at the time of the child’s birth.
2. General Instructions
- Both parents and child should be present at the time of registration
- Registration of birth should be made within three (3) months of such birth.
Registration from 3-12 months from the date of birth, the reason for the delay should be submitted to the Embassy.
- The birth should be registered within a period of one year from the date of birth of the child. In the event of failure to do so, a fine shall be imposed for the delay.
- Applications should be forwarded to the Registrar General Department (Central Record Room of the Registrar General’s Department, Maligawatte, Colombo 10) to obtain the approval.
- Citizenship Division of the Department of Immigration and Emigration will process the applications and mail the certificates to the Embassy for onward transmission to the applicant
3. Submission Procedure
The following Original documents should be submitted with three (03) sets of photocopies;
- An Application for Registration of Birth within first three months – (with 02 photo copies) Download here(Section 16)
- An Application for the Registration of Birth after 3 – 12 months (with 02 photo copies) Download here(Section 24)
- An Application for Registration of Citizenship – (with 03 photo copies) Download here
- ORIGINAL Birth certificate issued by the relevant country/Hospital record of the child. (with 03 photo copies)
- ORIGINAL Birth certificates of the father and the mother. (Recently issued by the Divisional Secretariat) (with 03 photo copies)
- ORIGINAL Marriage certificate of parents. (Recently issued by the Divisional Secretariat) (with 03 photo copies)
- ORIGINAL passports of the parents at the time of the child’s birth. (with 03 photo copies)
- ORIGINAL Visas of the parents. (with 03 photo copies)
- English translations are not accepted if original Birth Certificates/Marriage Certificates issued in Sri Lanka
- Fees for Registration of Birth – QAR 95/-
- Fees for Registration of Citizenship- QAR 170/-
- For delayed Birth Registration (per Year) – QAR 20/-